Baker Street was inspired by a recent trip to London where I happened upon a bustling pub with beautiful typographic signage. Early sketches created an array of specialized ligatures from which the font really took shape. The family is comprised of regular, italic, inline and a rustic textured style.
Baker Street delivers a multitude of Opentype features, including:
- Hundreds of Discretionary Ligatures that connect letter pairs through varying flourishes. These distinct ligatures are used in combinations between two capital letters, two lowercase letters, uppercase to lowercase pairs and specific number combinations.
- For a number of capital and lowercase letters, large Swashes expand above and below the characters.
- Contextual Swashes are also applied to some characters when placed at the beginning or end of a word.
- Stylistic Alternatives and Titling Alternatives offer distinct style variations to capital letters.
- Tabular Lining and Oldstyle Figures provide several numerical alternatives.
- Ornaments: two sets of ornaments have been created specifically to work with Baker Street’s style.
With all that, Baker Street provides each and every user the tools to solve their own case. The game is on!