LunchBox Slab is the pair of LunchBox, a uniquely hand-drawn typeface that gives numerous customizable options and a fully authentic look. The serifs in LunchBox Slab are simple blocks, with bulbous terminals on curved letters, which creates a unique effect.
Identical to its pair behind the scenes, LunchBox Slab’s OpenType features allow access to over 1,500 different characters.
- Contextual Alternatives give each letter 4 different character styles, all cycling through each other to ensure that no two letters ever show up together. There is also a custom set of small caps, each with 4 style variations as well.
- Stylistic Alternatives give an extra hand-drawn flourish, loop and slight variation, also with 4 different styles per letter.
- Discretionary Ligatures pertain to both regular all caps LunchBox as well as stylistic alternatives. It gives special letter combinations a unique interaction, giving your design a unique and personalized look without spending hours creating it and outlining your text.
- There are Swashes that have four style variations to both the regular and stylistic alternatives, as well as lowercase letters with ascenders and descenders.
- All of these options are available in Light, Regular and Bold.
- Ornaments include nearly 200 different graphics, flourishes, frames, catchwords, text breaks and arrows.
If you do not use OpenType but are using a program that includes a full glyph panel, you will be able to manually access each of the style variations you want.